What is a Toastmaster ?
As Professional Toastmasters and Master of Ceremonies, we are often asked;
What is a Toastmaster? What do we do? Why do we need a Toastmaster?
The basic definition of a Toastmaster refers to a person in charge of the proceedings for a public speaking event. A perception of a Toastmaster is that they only announce the speeches, introduce the entertainment and stay regimented at all times and are adamant in keeping the traditional methods without being flexible and adapting to modern times.
It is the view of the Federation of Professional British Toastmasters that we have to move with the times and do everything we can to service and serve all of our clients in the way they would wish.
A Toastmaster is a Professional person that will do anything that you require to make your day/function run smoothly, without a hitch and to time. Providing you with a key point of contact that will bring everything together and exceed all of your expectations. A good Toastmaster will provide advice and ideas for your function at an initial planning meeting and will also ensure that whatever ideas your Toastmaster brings to the table.
It’s your day!
At no point we will take over and ensure that you are kept informed at all times.
Once you have booked everything for your special day/function the Toastmasters responsibility will be to bring all of your plans, ideas and booked suppliers together.
They will communicate and co-ordinate everything so that you and your guests can relax and enjoy the day.
Your Toastmaster should provide proof of Public Liability Insurance and should be a member of a Toastmasters organisation. They should be trained to the highest standards of the Industry and provide Testimonials at any given time.
Many venues will advise not to have a Toastmaster and to use their own Events co-ordinator, however the Events co-ordinators will be working directly for the venue and will be running the day exactly how the venue would want. They will not be dressed in a distinctive red tailcoat and will not be working with your suppliers on the day to ensure everything comes together. Their main aim is to get all of your guests seated for the wedding breakfast, cleared and the venue ready for the next function.
An example of some of the duties a Toastmaster can perform
- Attending the wedding rehearsal
- Arrangement of music and supply PA / Music System
- Advice and help with recommended suppliers
- On hand throughout the whole day
- Meet and greet guests on arrival
- On hand to tie cravats and affix button holes / corsages
- Attending your wedding ceremony
- Assisting the photographer / ushers gathering guests for group photos
- Collecting wedding gifts and cards and ensure they are in a safe place
- Welcome the Bride & Groom with a drink at the venue
- Organise and conduct a receiving line
- Announcing the Bride & Groom into the room
- Say grace or give blessing before the wedding breakfast
- Circulate the guest book to be signed
- Introduce speakers for wedding toasts and speeches
- On hand to present thank you gifts
- Invite & announce the Bride & Groom to cut their wedding cake
- Announcing the retirement of the Bride & Groom from the wedding Breakfast
- Ensure the room is cleared for the evening reception
- Liaise & assist with the evening entertainment on the day to ensure it begins on time
- Announce the Bride & Groom to take their first dance
- Bouquet throw / garter throw (if requested)
- Introduce the evening's entertainment
Having a Toastmaster at your event will not only bring everything together, but will provide sparkle to a grand occasion and also keeping the momentum going throughout your special day, so that you and your guests are not wondering what is next and where do we go? In our experience a good event is one that maintains momentum in every aspect and that is somewhat lost by not having a Professional Toastmaster on hand.
All of our Toastmasters undertake regular training, hold public liability insurance, refrain from any alcohol whilst working for any of their clients and can be contacted at any time via telephone
Please see details for each member under Our Toastmasters. They are also listed by name individually and will provide a no obligation quotation.
You have booked everything, now choose a Toastmaster, sit back safe in the knowledge that you are in experienced and capable hands.
Founder of the Federation of Professional British Toastmasters
Wedding Toastmaster Essex - Essex Toastmaster - Toastmasters in Essex - Essex Wedding Toastmaster - Essex Wedding Toastmasters - Toastmaster in Essex - Wedding Toastmaster - Essex Master of Ceremonies - Wedding Toastmaster - Young Toastmaster Essex - Toastmaster for you - Essex Toastmasters - Southend Toastmaster - Toastmaster Chelmsford Essex - Toastmasters UK - Toastmaster Essex -Toastmaster for hire, Toastmaster for East Sussex - Toastmaster for West Sussex - Toastmaster for Brighton - Toastmaster for Brighton and Hove - Toastmaster for Eastbourne - Toastmaster for Hastings - Tostmaster for Crawley - Toastmaster for Gatwick - Toastmaster for West End of London - Toastmaster for City of London - Toastmaster for Kent - Toastmaster for Tunbridge Wells - Toastmaster for Folkestone - Toastmaster for Surrey - Toastmaster for Hampshire - Toastmaster for Portsmouth - Toastmaster for Southampton - Toastmaster for Dorset - Toastmaster for Bournemouth - Toastmaster for Essex - Toastmaster for Colchester, Toastmaster for Chelmsford - Toastmaster for Southend on Sea - Toastmaster for Hertfordshire - Toastmaster for Cambridgeshire - Toastmaster for Cambridge - Toastmaster for Bedfordshire - Toastmaster for Berkshire - Toastmaster for Buckinghamshire -Toastmaster for Oxfordshire - Toastmaster for Oxford